Farming Forum UK

A forum for farmers and country-folk worldwide.
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:24 am 

OLD wrote:
This thread was removed immediately from ITV - moderator's PM said it had no relavence to farming

Strange how certain people on ITV can post anything they want to not connected to farming and its not moderated nor removed.

Perhaps if you had started it:

In 1997 the Danish dance troupe Aqua released Barbie Girl which contained the immortal lyric "life in plastic, it's fantastic". Little did Claus Norrenn realised when he penned those lyrics that the fantastic plastic carrier bags that modern life relies upon would be banned by the Welsh Assembly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:34 pm 

si-mate wrote:
OLD wrote:
This thread was removed immediately from ITV - moderator's PM said it had no relavence to farming

Strange how certain people on ITV can post anything they want to not connected to farming and its not moderated nor removed.

Perhaps if you had started it:

In 1997 the Danish dance troupe Aqua released Barbie Girl which contained the immortal lyric "life in plastic, it's fantastic". Little did Claus Norrenn realised when he penned those lyrics that the fantastic plastic carrier bags that modern life relies upon would be banned by the Welsh Assembly.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:35 pm 

I think it speaks volumes when talking about farming and the environment that plastic bags which litter every bloody hedge and ditch in the country are no longer deemed an 'agricultural topic'. :roll:

The alternative would be to start your topic "As the new miracle of shale gas continues to be the saviour of our planet, the cost of plastic bag production will drop dramatically"....

Wanker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:15 pm 

si-mate wrote:
I'm always amazed how much rubbish is hidden in the road side hedges when I cut them.

I would like to see council gangs collecting road side litter. The rubbish collected is separated by brand, weighed and the relevant company charged an amount per kg for the rubbish collected. The cost of clearing up this rubbish is then passed directly to those that are most likely to throw it out.
If companies wished to they could print on their packaging something like "this product costs an extra 10p owing to packaging not being disposed of properly."

When I was at truck driving during my college days I went out with an older driver to be shown a new route. He stopped at Cosford to fill up with diesel and went into the shop to buy nearly a carrier bag full of chocolate and crisps. Driving down the motorway he would pick a treat from this bag, eat it, wind down the window and throw the wrapper out then wind the window back up again.

how about younf offenders? or low risk level prisoners. At the Suffolk show, they always used to have young offenders from the Hollesley Bay colony picking up litter/emptying bins. Surely it would be a gooduse of prisoners time to do such a service?
That said, anyone caught littering should be put in the stocks. Bastards. I once followed a BOC lorry, delivering on contract for M&S. The driver lobbed all the litter from his lunch out the window....fortunately it has a "well driven" number on the back, so I phoned it up, gave the reg number, and the driver was hauled up on a disciplinary. Stupid twunt. If you have a Well Driven freephone number on your trailer, don't then treat the countryside like a skip. Pity he didnt get sacked

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:20 pm 

Fat Hill wrote:
si-mate wrote:
I'm always amazed how much rubbish is hidden in the road side hedges when I cut them.

I would like to see council gangs collecting road side litter. The rubbish collected is separated by brand, weighed and the relevant company charged an amount per kg for the rubbish collected. The cost of clearing up this rubbish is then passed directly to those that are most likely to throw it out.
If companies wished to they could print on their packaging something like "this product costs an extra 10p owing to packaging not being disposed of properly."

When I was at truck driving during my college days I went out with an older driver to be shown a new route. He stopped at Cosford to fill up with diesel and went into the shop to buy nearly a carrier bag full of chocolate and crisps. Driving down the motorway he would pick a treat from this bag, eat it, wind down the window and throw the wrapper out then wind the window back up again.

how about younf offenders? or low risk level prisoners. At the Suffolk show, they always used to have young offenders from the Hollesley Bay colony picking up litter/emptying bins. Surely it would be a gooduse of prisoners time to do such a service?
That said, anyone caught littering should be put in the stocks. Bastards. I once followed a BOC lorry, delivering on contract for M&S. The driver lobbed all the litter from his lunch out the window....fortunately it has a "well driven" number on the back, so I phoned it up, gave the reg number, and the driver was hauled up on a disciplinary. Stupid twunt. If you have a Well Driven freephone number on your trailer, don't then treat the countryside like a skip. Pity he didnt get sacked

When I come to power there won't be any prisoners. I will be awarding the offender transportation contract to Muck industries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:06 pm 

OLD wrote:

Isn't it strange also ... that a moderator can send a 'friendly' message saying

Quote:
Sorry Olds, what is agricultural about supermarket poly bags?
Deleting it until you can convince me ....

Take care.

& they think there's no problem because there was no reply ... until they find a "whinge" on another forum! :roll:

Ok then ... what is this other topic? Has anyone done an Alert?

Lord Muck wrote:
I think it speaks volumes when talking about farming and the environment that plastic bags which litter every bloody hedge and ditch in the country are no longer deemed an 'agricultural topic'. :roll:

The alternative would be to start your topic "As the new miracle of shale gas continues to be the saviour of our planet, the cost of plastic bag production will drop dramatically"....

Wanker.
Delightful! :roll:

I agree that plastic bags in hedges, etc is an agricultural problem, but that wasn't the question!

Arrrgh!!!!! :x :x :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:10 pm 

Are you saying Pedders is not a Wanker ? :?
This is the man who believes that Wikipedia was written by the Dahli Lama...

I still think that any subject concerning littering or fly-tipping is agricultural as it has an effect on the environment around us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:21 pm 

si-mate wrote:
When I come to power there won't be any prisoners. I will be awarding the offender transportation contract to Muck industries.

8)
I doubt that leaky exhaust will be fixed by then...

Hollesley Bay always struck me as one of the few offender institutes that did any good in getting offenders to turn their lives around.
They used to show on the heavy horse circuit with their Suffolk turnout until some do-good arseholes complained that they thought it was an 'incorrect use' of prisoners at the tax-payers expense to allow them to go "on a jolly" to the shows and work with the horses.
Really ?
I challenge any bastard to get a team of horses ready for a show and clean all the harness and the dray and think that it is a 'jolly'.
Its bloody hard work - rewarding but hard work and taught them about responsibility and respect.
Bruce Smith who used to run the turnout was a credit to these offenders and the high level of work they did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:34 pm 

Lord Muck wrote:
There was no mention of Pedders, just the whinge about the non-agricultural topic being moderated. :roll:

Lord Muck wrote:
I still think that any subject concerning littering or fly-tipping is agricultural as it has an effect on the environment around us.

Totally agree, but you wouldn't word your post like this, would you?

More :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:39 pm 

The Squire wrote:
Lord Muck wrote:
There was no mention of Pedders, just the whinge about the non-agricultural topic being moderated. :roll:

Lord Muck wrote:

Totally agree, but you wouldn't word your post like this, would you?

More :roll:

I mentioned 'Shale gas' - who did you think I was talking about ? Phil ?? :lol:

I can see what you are saying about the bags, however when posted on here, it seems that most of us have been able to make a connection with farming and the effect that these bloody bags have on the countryside.
Then again, thats when it was posted on here.... :wink:

Point taken about it being a bit too clever for other sites... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:45 pm 

Lord Muck wrote:

So you're saying BFF missed the 'agricultural' bent & the opportunity of an in depth farming discussion when the post about "camping outside St Pauls" was deleted?
:o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:43 pm 

The Squire wrote:
Lord Muck wrote:

So you're saying BFF missed the 'agricultural' bent & the opportunity of an in depth farming discussion when the post about "camping outside St Pauls" was deleted?
:o

Yes.
'Paul' McCartney sang about his Yellow Submarine and he shares his name with the famous London landmark. Little did he know when penning this song that the submarine that he sang about would be a focal point for visitors to his hometown of Liverpool.
Liverpool's Football club has had many famous players in their time, not least of all, Ian Rush.
Ian Rush had a moustache and the bloke who serves on the parts counter at the local New Holland dealers also has a moustache which leads me to the question:
'Are current ag spares too expensive ?'

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:08 pm 

Streetpride round here us offenders doing community service to clean the roadsides.

They are all out on a Saturday litter picking. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:20 pm 

Till Seeder wrote:
Streetpride round here us offenders doing community service to clean the roadsides.

They are all out on a Saturday litter picking. :)

That's good to hear.
Sometimes you get the impression that if you expected them to do community stuff like that, it would be against their human rights or something!

Reply to topic 
 [ 29 posts ]